Kony

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Eu încă mai încearcă să crească o barbă.

So far,  our new projects at the NewHope offices in Chisinau have been incredibly successful. When I hopped on the bus yesterday to head towards the capital for my second lesson, I had no idea how the day would turn out. Wednesday was my first time teaching there; so round two on Saturday would have proven whether or not the kids had actually enjoyed themselves. Thankfully, all of the same faces made their way into the room, bringing along several new friends. I didn't count, but we might have had upwards of twenty teenagers in the room; which is awesome! The students and I had each other rolling with laughter the entire time. I have been so blessed to be able to hang out and work these kids! - Since the Chisinau gang has a pretty solid grasp on the English basics, I've been having to develop some legitimate lessons; which has been both challenging and fun. It's gettin' pretty serious over here man! I've got projectors, movies, powerpoints, music, candy - being a teacher is wild! It has certainly been a great experience.

My buddy Mihai, an employee of NewHope, just recently started a youth group in that same room that I teach in. He's asked for my help during the past couple sessions, which I am thankful of; because this group is awesome. These guys here at NewHope definitely know how to run a club for the youth. We've had christian rappers, incredible musicians, and an array of quality skits and games. The kids love it. I see many of the same faces from my English class too, which is great because I now have more of an opportunity to develop a relationship with some of these kids. Mihai's youth group, is also a great opportunity for these kids to get a positive change in scenery from much of the darkness that they are exposed here in Moldova. It's amazing to be a part of all that is going on here. Now, every Tuesday for about an hour and a half, these kids can have fun together, laugh hysterically together, know that they are loved and cared for by the many different staff members at NewHope, and hopefully know about the greater love that God, the head honcho behind all of this, has to offer. 

I'm out! Stay posted.





Love and be Loved.


1 Corinthians 13:2


2 comments:

  1. It is pure joy to read your blog. It would seem that the head honcho
    has placed an incredible love in your heart for these kids.
    How Great is our GOD! loving you much, Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. You have quite the talent for it. Also, I want you to know what an inspiration you are. I am so blessed to know you and those teens are undoubtedly blessed to have you as a teacher. God's work, your hands. God's love and peace :) ~Chels

    ReplyDelete