Kony

Monday, January 9, 2012

Finally here!

Arrived in Chisinau, Moldova today, January 9th. The trip has been pretty adventurous so far. Everything went very smoothly up until I got to Bucharest, Romania; where I had the pleasure of meeting possibly the best con artist in the country. My flight got in a few minutes late, causing me to miss the train to Moldova. Luckily I was greeted by a kind man who I would soon spend the next 3 hours with driving through the Romanian countryside.... I got ripped off; is what happened. I got ripped off bad and didnt even know it until today. It's all good. Ive made my peace with it at this point. No big deal. Really - its totally cool. Dont even care. Anyways, I ended up hanging out sitting at some sketchy train station for 3 hours after I left the cab. Across from about 6 men who kept looking at me as if I was a Thanksgiving turkey, and they had not eaten for a little over a month. Haha. Thank you Lord, for keeping me safe throughout the entire trip!! The train was sweet! Paid about a tenth of what I gave the cab driver, to go probably 10 times the distance. That was definitely an awesome experience; an old rickety train ride through rural Eastern Europe. I will post some pictures after I pull out this internet usb thing. I cant fit both that and my camera cord in at the same time.

It feels great to be back in Moldova. On Wednesday I will head to the city of Orhei, where I will begin teaching English at the orphanage during the day, and the church during the evening. I forgot to bring all my teaching supplies. I will also be helping to build a transition home for some of the older orphans. Oleg (the guy Im working for) told me today that he would actually like to split up my 5 or 6 months between here in Moldova and Istanbul, Turkey. Which I am definitely OK with. For a while now I have been feeling that God is trying to tell me something about Turkey. Day dreams, dreams, thoughts, flooded with Turkey. I have never been there and know nothing about the country, except that I need to go there. So I was incredibly stoked when Oleg mentioned that he would need me over there; because there had not been any discussion of that until today!

I will spend most of tomorrow with Oleg, planning out the rest of my time here. I will have more information for you guys either tomorrow night or the next day. Good news is that there is WI-FI here. So all of you who have an iphone or ipod touch can text me for free, when I am in range of wi-fi of course. If you dont have an iphone but do have a smartphone, you can download the app called, WhatsApp, and text me for free on that as well. Maybe you dont want to text me at all, thats cool too. I appreciate all the prayers and support!


Love and Be Loved

2 comments:

  1. I never dreamed YOU could be conned dude! Well, you learned a valuable lesson and you're safe and ALIVE. All's good. Keep posting. Can't wait to hear about the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you made it alive! Thanks for keeping us posted. Praying for you, Jake!

    ReplyDelete