Kony

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Update!

So far, things are still going great! I am really having a blast teaching in the orphanage. However, expecting the kids to learn anything, is a different story entirely. For the most part, the classes have been really successful. The kids will get up in front of the class and practice speaking to each other in English, it's really awesome to see. I feel so blessed to be out here and to be a part of what's going on! I don't want to give you the wrong idea though... there have been a couple terrible classes. If it weren't for my little police squad of 4 or 5 of the girls in the class, I don't know what I would do. Every now and then, some of the boys in the class will start trying to be funny and impress their classmates. Really they just get loud, and yell things at the top of their lungs. Judging from the rest of the class's reaction, I get the feeling that the things that they yell are probably obscene haha - and outrageously inappropriate. I'd like to tell you guys that my patience is endless; but anybody who knows me will tell you that that's probably what I struggle with the most. So, luckily, that police squad I mentioned is always there to rescue me! It's pretty funny actually. The girls will all whip around in their seats and snap at the boys to shut up. Then they turn back to me and smile. (Hahaha) I crack up so hard every time it happens. I did tell one boy, the ring leader, one day after class that although I may not be able to speak Romanian, I can understand it. Hey - I understand the basics perfectly! I didn't lie. Anyways, the kid turned so red and got so embarrassed and said repeatedly, "Jake I sorry Jake, sorry, I sorry." BAM! Thats right! What up son! 

I have also had an awesome time teaching the adults!! I have to admit, not too much changes between childhood and, "adulthood." You still have the class clowns in a room full of thirty year olds, and you still have the teacher's pet trying to impress you and rest of the class. It's a pretty cool experience to be on this side of the classroom! 

I did finally take some pictures of the orphanage so I will go ahead and post them! Unfortunately, I have yet to take any pictures with the kids, due to the administrations attempt to prevent exploitation. I'll eventually be able to take more pictures, I just have to work on earning the trust of the Head Master. 

Stay posted.


Love And Be Loved.




Moldovan Sunset. I was planning on waiting a bit longer to try and take a better picture, but it was so cold. 




I stare at the cieling and never gaze at the stars, my perception of your power is down to nothing at all. Who am I, to you so wonderful? 
Take this doubt from my heart Lord, take this doubt from my heart. 
-Lyrics from an amazing song by Singer/Songwriter/Friend, Charlie Mann.

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't surprise me that you had the ring leader's number! You were him not that long ago:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep standing tall!! You are amazing. Charlie's lyrics are incredible. gammy

    ReplyDelete